Euromonitor International seeks an analyst to collect, analyze and report information on industries such as food and beverage, travel, consumer finance, retailing and consumer foodservice in Mozambique, Africa
In-country analysts are tasked with regular project-based work and are employed on a contract basis, working for commissioners based in one of our offices (typically Dubai). It is a role that suits self-starting individuals, who are looking for the flexibility of working from home and the challenge of working for a world leader in market research.
At the core of our methodology, research teams gather information from in-depth, unscripted interviews with key stakeholders along the value chain (service providers, retailers, associations, government authorities, experts, etc). Interview success relies on our analysts’ proactivity to recruit and secure interviews with the right contacts, and their ability to uncover key data and insights via open discussions. In addition to collecting data from publicly available sources and integrating it.
Our research addresses the following types of questions to deliver insightful business intelligence:
Where are consumers traveling to and from Mozambique? What are the leading hotels and travel methods in the country?
Where do consumers shop and what do they buy?
Where do consumers eat? What do they eat?
How do consumers pay? How will preferred payment method evolve?
Why is company X doing better than company Y? What strategy is being employed and how is this supported operationally?
- Located in and reporting on Mozambique you will be conducting fieldwork research across several services industries.
- Prepared to be involved in all aspects of our research process, from physical visits to stores, to secondary source information gathering, interviewing industry experts, working with large datasets, and consolidating report notes.
- Available to work an average of 25-35 hours a week on our projects. You will be spending 30 weeks per year working with our syndicated team in several projects including Food and Beverage, Travel, Consumer Finance, Retailing and Consumer Finance. The remaining time can be spent supporting ad hoc research for the consulting team.
- Be willing and able to work from home and have access to a PC (Windows) and uninterrupted Internet (broadband).
Desired skills amp; experience
- Strong knowledge of data analysis tools and techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze large sets of data and provide actionable insights.
- Strong analytical skills and a proven track record of driving results through data-driven decision-making.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to secure and conduct professional interviews. The ability to establish open and in-depth discussions on market context (performance, drivers, forecast, opportunities, etc.) is key.
- Willingness and ability to find, and network with key industry contacts.
- Naturally curious and tenacious about understanding consumer behaviour and industry trends.
- Strong writing skills. Whilst working with the syndicated team, you will consolidate report notes for every project that you work on. These notes will include the most relevant stories behind the data.
- Fluency in English (written and oral).
- Computer literacy (MS Word, Excel).
- Challenging, varied, and rewarding assignments
- Continuous training in our market research methodologies via online courses and selected live training sessions
- Collaboration and support from an international team across MEA and beyond, especially from your direct commissioner
- The opportunity to network with leading global players in the services sector
- The ability to contribute to research used by the world’s top multinationals
- The opportunity to develop and position yourself as a local market research and industry expert
- A flexible working schedule from the comfort of your home. We are open to adjusting to periods where you are not available for work
- Access to key industry resources to support your research
- Application process:
- Please attach a copy of your current CV and a covering letter outlining your interest in the role and why you feel you are suited to the position. Please give an indication of your salary expectations.